Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm Still Here

Pip is curled up between my arms as I'm typing :)

Life has been busy and I've been neglecting to write even though so many things have happened since my last post.

Aidan started 4th grade three weeks ago. New school, new friends to make. All of us were excited about this and it would have been a fabulous beginning if I hadn't written down the wrong start date. Yes, he missed his first day of school. I agonized that night, hoping that everything would still fall into place...and surprisingly it did. While we were waiting for the school's doors to open, we met a Mom and her son who also missed the first day. He was in the same grade as Aidan and in the same class. Instant friends. They even sit next to each other in the classroom.

Aidan has adjusted really well. He has a few other friends he talks about. Once a week he stays after school for Chess Masters - a chess-playing club. He's been doing well with his homework too so I have nothing to worry about with him. He's still on his way to finishing his black-belt tests for taekwondo. He starts soccer next week. I couldn't have asked for a more well-rounded boy.

I enrolled Mia in Tiny Tots at the YMCA and that begins next month. She'll be going to preschool every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for three hours a day. I know she'll have fun because she just loves to be around other people and especially other kids.

Speaking of other kids, Mia has been going to My Gym every Friday and for the past three weeks a certain boy has become attached to her. At a certain point during classes the kids are separated into groups and he always asks to be with her. Last week they were picked to be in different groups and the boy got upset. So upset that he just sat there and pouted and he didn't want to listen to the teacher. It was surprising because he's one of the more well-behaved boys in class. His Mom pulled him out and gave him a little talk. After that he was fine and he and Mia got together during free-play. My girl...already causing trouble for the boys.

1 comment:

AnilĂș Magloire said...

You've been busy! Glad you're back :)