Friday, February 5, 2010

A Most Beautiful Smile



Happy New Year! (Better late than never!)

Mia got her two front teeth pulled out yesterday :( I took her to her regular dental check-up two weeks ago and her x-ray showed that they were both fractured. Rather than risk infection, the dentist recommended they be extracted. So here she is now. I have to say how lucky I am to have two very good and smart children. The dental assistant said that Mia was the youngest and the best patient she had that day. Her dentist called her "the princess of all princesses" because she was so good. As for me, I wanted to cry as her teeth were being pulled out. It'll be like three years until her permanent teeth grow out so until then she'll have a bridge to fill in the gap.

She's eaten three bowls of oatmeal since yesterday because she can't eat anything hard. This afternoon I was eating french fries and she really wanted some so I mashed them up for her. For dinner we had pot roast and I cut everything up into tiny pieces and mixed it with rice for her.

She's had to go through a lot these past few months. Getting hurt, getting sick... She's a strong, little girl but I just pray that this year will be kinder to her.

No comments: